please help!

Shelly Coburn mcoburn at students.uwf.edu
Mon Jul 27 13:47:32 EST 1998

    What you have sounds like lamb's ears.  I've seen it growing before
in cool, mountainous areas.  It likes to be pretty cool and dry.  The
hairs serve the purpose of moisture retention and to make it a little
more wind/temperature proof.
    Another posibility is that it could be dusty miller, a common plant
found at nurseries.
Sorry, I couldn't be more specific with latin names, etc., but maybe
this will start you looking in the right direction.
Regards,
Shell
shell106 at juno.com