rooting crystals

Scott Coutts melias at yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au
Sun Jul 26 21:58:42 EST 1998

Paul Shenefelt (paul.shenefelt at worldnet.att.net) wrote:
: Today I saw a vase with a beautiful root cutting in it. The media it was
: in was jello like and very interesting. I asked the owner where it came
: from and they could not remember. They said it started out as a crystal
: type powder. When you added water it jelled to hold the cutting. It
: lasts a very long time and only needs water about once a month.
:
: Does anyone know what this stuff is and where to get it??

You're local nursery can probably help you. They also use it for putting
in the soil. Its a fine powder, and it can be dug into soil and
thoroughly mixed. THe idea being that you can increase the soils water
holding capacity.

Scott Coutts
melias at yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au