Bird of Paradise

C.Lewis lewis at crosslink.net
Mon Jul 27 09:05:16 EST 1998

I am having a hard time getting more than two leaves to grow on this
10 year old plant at a time.....It seems to be a die hard......but
what do I do to get it to florish and bloom??
It is out side on my deck....gets bright light but no direct
sun.....stays moist most the time.......I feed it 10x10x10 every two
weeks.....I don't know what else to do.
This plant belongs to my MOM and I took it and told her I could get it
to bloom for her .......two leaves at a time, before the third comes
up the frist dies off......Please what does this Bird of Paradise
want?