Bird of Paradise

Kaia M. James kmjames at ibm.net
Mon Jul 27 12:51:30 EST 1998

1.  Let it dry out between waterings a bit
2.  Give it direct sun, if you can
3. Is it root bound?  If so repot in a larger container.  Use a terra cotta
pot.  The root system of a Streltzia grows pretty fast, I'd say you need to
repot.  And, even if you don't need to change the container it's in, you may
need to repot just to give it new potting mixture.  How long has the 10 year
old plant been in the current pot it is in?  After a few years, the potting
mixture sort of gets "used up", and needs to be changed.

Of course there can be other problems, but, these cover the basics.  Hope
this helps.  Let me know how you do.

Kaia