[Q] Do plants turn towards the Sun or away?

Eric Grunden grunden at students.uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 19 21:56:05 EST 1998

Christoph Metelmann wrote:

> Plants grow better in darkness, so the shady side growes more then the side in the sun. Result - plant growes towards the light.

+++++++++

Huh?!  "Plants grow better in darkness"..???  Why would they evolve to
grow toward
something that makes them not grow "as well"?  Where can I order some of
these unique "darkness growing plants"?  The second part of your
statement about the shady side growing "more" is correct, but not for
the reason stated. Suggest more reading or
some clarification........