[Q] Do plants turn towards the Sun or away?

Chris Muir cmuir at mitswa.com.au.no.spam
Sat Jul 18 10:58:32 EST 1998

Howdy.

I apologise if this post if off topic to this newsgroup.  I'm
basically trying to hunt down some information to prove my old man
wrong.

Recently I was in the States and I remember hearing of a study that
stated that in fact plants dont turn towards the Sun, but rather the
underside of plants turn away from the Sun.  I haven't been able to
find any evidence to help my cause.

Anybody able to help me or point me in the correct direction?

Any help greatly appreciated in advance :)

Regards,
Chris Muir
cmuir at mitswa.com.au.no.spam

If you wish to contact me please remove the .no.spam part from the
above address.