Can anyone identify this plant?

Peter Selby pete.selby at zetnet.co.uk
Sat Feb 21 09:09:04 EST 1998

The message <6cl321$csf$1 at news00.btx.dtag.de>
  from  B.Boes at t-online.de (Benno Bös) contains these words:

> On 20 Feb 1998 18:50:51 GMT, "Micheál Glennon" <dglennon at indigo.ie>
> wrote:

> I think it's Verbascum phlomoides (more hairs on the leafs then
> Verbascum thapsus or Verbascum densiflorum)

I'm not so sure.  V. thapsus has decurrent upper and middle stem
leaves, while V. phlomoides does not and the middle stem leaves run
down main stem in the picture.  The stigma need to be examined to
separate from V densiflorum, but I think they will be capitate and
hence indicate V. thapsus.

--
 Pete Selby
(pete.selby at zetnet.co.uk)