HELP: Endole Acetic Acid - any info?

Tue Feb 17 17:55:39 EST 1998

At 3:25 PM -0500 2/17/98, Marnie McCoy wrote:
>Hello!
>I'm trying to do some research (for my sister) on endole acetic acid. So
>far, I have found nothing.  Does anyone out there have ANY kind of
>information on this?  All she knows is that it is some kind of plant
>hormone... any information would be greatly appreciated!!
>Please reply to akasia at the-spa.com because it is hard to keep track of
>all of these newsgroups.  Thanx!
>Marnie

Marnie,

The compound you are seeking is indole acetic acid...note
the spelling.  Your search will be fruitless without that
correction.  There is much information about IAA and in
the older literature it is frequently referred to with
the generic word auxin.  A library search or computer search
on the words auxin and indole acetic acid and the acronym
IAA should yield a treasure trove of information.  Also
there will be long discussions about this in any botany
and/or plant physiology textbook.  Good Luck!

ross

Ross Koning                 | koning at ecsu.ctstateu.edu
Willimantic, CT 06226 USA   | fax: 860-465-4479