Planting European/Australasian trees in Japan?

D J Roberts groveti at gol.com
Sun Nov 30 07:02:51 EST 1997

I'm advising on the replanting here in Japan of a seaside golf course with
links-like sandy soil which is currently totally under pine.

I'm looking

1.     for information
          - on successful introduction broadleaf on sand

          - onsources in Japan (universities, landscapers, nurserymen, etc,
            with appropriate knowledge

          - on Japanese import procedures

										- likely successful native plants

2.     to make contact with

            - experienced plantsmen/landscapers/suppliers anywhere

            -

There are currently ca. 30,00 pine (matsus Japonicus). I aim to interplant
a little, to relieve monotony, add height, colour and framing views,
vistas.

A bit of a tall order, of course, but it could be a substantial project for
anyone interested...

David