Use of wood in Middle age

Raquel ccorreia at mail.telepac.pt
Tue Nov 25 18:08:22 EST 1997

Hello, there! :)

I've been reading, recently, a book set in our Middle Age. Also, I've
been participating on some Role Play of the same sort.

I was wondering, therefor, what types of wood were more common in
middle age weapons, such as bows, arrows, spears, staffs, etc, and why
that wood was preferred over others.

I am interested in this not only because of my role play :) but also
because I study Silviculture. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Best wishes

Raquel Correia

Estudante / student
  Instituto Superior de Agronomia
  Universidade Tecnica de Lisboa
  Portugal

(The opinions expressed above are not necessarily shared by
 this institution)