Bioluminiscence of plants

Antoni Clavell aclavell at tinn.net
Sun Nov 16 15:00:56 EST 1997

To Mark Longo

hello Mark,
Plants I do not know if any has bioluminiscence. But fungi have.
CLITOCIBE  OLEARIA  is a wild mushroom which habitat is on the foot of olive
trees (or sometimes chessnut trees or oaks, etc.). They grow close together,
in groups up to 50 or more specimens.  If such is the case you can read a
newspaper at 50 cm (20 inches) from them.   But this property shows to be
not constant at so a high level.
In Catalonia (my country) is a common mushroom, but never collected cause it
is poisonous.
Perhaps you know that Catalonia, as France, Germany, Italy and other
European lands are zones where edible wild mushrooms are very appreciated.

Greetings.
aclavell at tinn.net