Zygocactus bloom

Dennis G. dennis_goos at mindlink.net
Wed Nov 5 23:11:21 EST 1997

minkgi at webtv.net (Gaylord Mink) wrote:

>I have some questions about zygocactus.
>1) How frequently do they bloom?
See  # 3 . By manipulating day lenght, you can get 2 or more flowerings per
year.
>2) How many blossom color types are there?
Red,pink,mauve,orange, purple, etc
>3)  Are they considered long day or short day plants?
Flower on shortening days. Can be manipulated to bloom by changing day length.
My stock plants are blooming heavily now on natural daylenght in BC.
>4) Can they be propagated by rooting leaves?
Root easily by placing broken off section in media