Please, I need info's about Paulownia tree

Paolo Mori sherwood at ats.it
Thu May 29 02:34:33 EST 1997

Dear newsreaders,
I am writing an article about Paulownia tree for a forestry magazine called
Sherwood (in italian language) and I would be very glad if I could find some
information through your help. Of course I will mention your help in the
article.
Our monthly magazine is the only one in Italy devoted to technicians and our
editorial staff decided to start a cycle of 4/5 articles about: worldwide
distribution, yield, wood technology, experimental results in italian
plantations, final destination of paulownia plantation, etc.

I would like to have some of the following information:
1. Where are located the Paulownia plantations in the world ?
2. How many hectares of plantations and how much is the actual yield/year in
the world ?
3. Which is the destination of the wood and its most common use ?
4. Which is the actual prize/cm of the wood in the different region of the
world?

Thank you very much for your help and consideration

Antonio Brunori
Vice-editor Sherwood