GM-Free Foods Not Motorways

Brian Blalock BBlalock at mtco.com
Sat May 24 21:45:39 EST 1997

Agent Orange <anon at globalnet.co.uk> wrote:

>ESS RELEASE - PRELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELE
>
>GM-Free Food Not Runways
>
>PRISONER ON INDEFINITE HUNGER-STRIKE WHILE FELLOW ACTIVISTS ARE EVICTED

---snip---

>Presently in HMP Risley near Manchester, for breach of punitive bail
>conditions, Sharyn Lock (BE4262) was quoted as saying:
>
>“I will be hunger-striking for the right of prisoners to be guaranteed a
>diet free from genetically manipulated food.”

---Big Snip---

Like corn or wheat?  We have been manipulating fruit trees for centuries,
not to mention tomatoes, or cattle.

Where are we supposed to find GM free food??

*I* am not afraid to eat healthier food that costs less to transport or
produce.

Of course I have to admit that to get good tomatoes you have to grow them
yourself.  But these plants are not free of GM, they have been bred
specifically to have a great taste.

I don't buy the cheap scare tactics, and if someone doesn't want to eat,
let them not eat.

P.S.  Please remove comp.ai.genetic from the header, this post is not
relevant to the group.

Any sufficiently primitive magic is indistinguishable from science.