Wanted: SUMMER SKIES morning glory seeds

david at supernews.com david at supernews.com
Fri May 16 13:25:35 EST 1997

Hi!  I'm looking for morning glory seeds called "SUMMER SKIES". At
least one company, Mandeville Seed Co., sold Summer Skies in the
1960's in the United States.  Others may have also.  It's blue with a
beautiful deep blue throat.  It is Ipomea Tricolor, as is 'Heavenly
Blue', but is a deeper blue with that deep blue throat. One friend
has been looking for SUMMER SKIES for 7 years! The internet may be the
answer.  Other companies may have sold this flower, by another
brand name, and maybe in another country.  We did find one packet
from 1968 in a closet, with 4 seeds, but they did not sprout!!!
Have you ever seen this, and do you have any seeds?
Any information greatly appreciated!
David Dubowski, P.O. Box 3318, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 27515, USA
EMAIL TO: david at supernews.com