Help in ID-ing plant? - weird leaf.jpg

Harold Olivier orchids at acadiacom.net
Thu May 8 08:42:20 EST 1997

Yep. David is right, no question about it, this is definitely a
begonia. Someone suggested a Rex begonia, but this is a leaf from one
of the cane begonias frequently called 'Angel-Wing' because of the
fancied resemblance to the folded wing of an angel. Easy houseplant,
blooms (in somewhat pendulous clusters) if given enough light.

Harold

On Wed, 07 May 1997 22:29:40 -0400, "David B. Hedrick"
<davidbhedrick at icx.net> wrote:

>	But seriously now, folks, it's a begonia.
>
>Andrew Kantor wrote:
>>
>> I've had a certain houseplant for years, but never knew what it was;
>> none of the books I've seen can identify it, and everyone I've shown
>> it to -- including people at the local nursery -- has been stumped.
>>
>> I've attached a small (36K) JPEG of the leaf. If anyone knows what it
>> is, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me!
>>
>> Many thanks in advance,
>>
>> Andrew Kantor
>> ak at iw.com, among others
>>
>>  [Image]
>
>--
>		~DBH
>
>Technical writing, literature search, and data analysis at the interface
>of chemistry and biology.
>
>	davidbhedrick at icx.com
>
>	David B. Hedrick
>	P.O. Box 16082