How do I get rid of a field of bamboo?

Matt Bunke MBunke at csc.com
Mon May 5 11:18:07 EST 1997

Here is my problem, I have a 25 x 100 ft. section of my backyard that was
overgrown
with bamboo. Well I cut the growth down and cut down 95% of the stumps.
After cutting down the bamboo I found two large peacan treees growning in
the brush.

My question is :
How do I keep the bamboo from sending new shoots up and overgrowning the
area again without killing the peacan trees? Is there any kind of grown
treatment or chemical
that might help me?

Thanks in advance
	Matt B.