Post-doc in plant biochemistry

John Beeching j.r.beeching at bath.ac.uk
Fri May 2 11:23:30 EST 1997

		UNIVERSITY OF BATH
		School of Biology & Biochemistry
		Bath BA2 7AY, U.K.

		Post-Doctoral Position

A post-doctoral position will shortly become available in my research
group in the area of plant biochemistry.  We are researching biotic and
abiotic stress responses in the important tropical root crop cassava
(Manihot esculenta Crantz) using molecular and biochemical approaches.  In
particular we are interested in the problem of post-harvest physiological
deterioration which considerably limits the marketability of this crop.
We wish to recruit a post-doctoral plant biochemist with experience in the
application of HPLC and other fractionation techniques especially to the
characterisation of secondary metabolites.  Experience in electron
microscopy is also welcome. This post forms part of our collaborative
research with the International Centre for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) in
Colombia, and, though the research is largely based at Bath, it will
entail research visits to CIAT. However, a knowledge of Spanish is not a
necessary requirement.

The post, which is for three years with a possible extension to four, will
be formally advertised within the next month.  However, informal enquiries
and applications are welcome now as we wish to speed up the appointment.
The salary will be of the order 17,000 pounds sterling p.a..

The School of Biology & Biochemistry is a grade 5 rated research
department.  The departmental web site is:
 http://www.bath.ac.uk/Departments/Biosciweb/bswel.htm

John Beeching                     email: j.r.beeching at bath.ac.uk
School of Biology & Biochemistry  phone: +44 1225 826826 ext 5193
University of Bath                fax:   +44 1225 826779
Bath BA2 7AY, U.K.