Survey: We need feedback from people who love plants!

Mark & Victoria animaux at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 1 08:26:23 EST 1997

In <VA.000001d4.00d340c0 at 586> Roger Whitehead <rgw at office-futures.com>
writes:

>> The one and only real way to avoid pests and disease is to have real
soil.
>> Nothing else can be counted on.
>
>So how have epiphytes coped, all these millennia?
>
>Roger

They do not live in soil, as you already know.  However, if epiphytes
were to be placed in an environment which was toxically treated by way
of gas, they too would perish.  Did you not see anything valid in Dr.
Rateaver's post?  I don't get the comparison.  She is talking about
plants which live in soil.  Are you saying her point is invalid?  Or am
I misreading your question?

Victoria