Water Purslane (spelling) and Branch Burrweed

Christoph Metelmann chandvel at inet.uni-c.dk
Tue Mar 18 19:12:34 EST 1997

In message Tue, 18 Mar 1997 03:10:30 GMT,
  Liz Curtis <flacszil at ix.netcom.com>  writes:

> Hi...and Help.   :)
>
> I've just been told I have two endangered plant species on some property
> I own in East Tennessee.  (Water Purslane and Branch Burrweed).  I've
> probably mispelled them both, I forgot to ask the government agency that
> called me to "spell" them for me.
> Looking for any information from anyone who knows anything about one of
> these species...or both.
> I am not a botanist...so I don't even know what they look like, let alone
> even existed before today.  :)
> Please email me with any info you have, would really be a big help for me!
> Thank you!  flacszil at ix.netcom.com   Liz Curtis

Hi,

Well, here is something on Water Purslane - Ludwigia palustris.
Very small, green flowers stalkless in the axils.  Leaves opposit,
egg-shaped or oval, 1/2 to 1" long.  Plant of wet places, floating
in water or rooted in mud.  Blooms summer and fall.
Evening Primrose family.