Tropical Pacific Seed Identification

Hamsih Avery hra18 at elec.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Jul 29 07:57:43 EST 1997

Hi, my name is Lisa and I am a Masters student at the School of
Forestry, Canterbury University, New Zealand.  My research component
consisted of a seed rain experiment on the island of Pohnpei, Federated
States of Micronesia (Eastern Caroline Islands).  We had limited success
in identifying the species trapped while on Pohnpei and consequently had
to bring voucher samples of seeds back to New Zealand.  Unfortunately,
New Zealand does not have expertise in identifying tropical species,
especially using seeds.

Can anyone suggest where I may be able to source either written
information or contacts to aid indentification to at least family level.

As I have only limited access to this newsgroup, could any possible help
be sent to my email:
	<lmw60 at fore.canterbury.ac.nz>

Thanks,

Lisa