Asimina triloba

Mon Jul 28 07:13:53 EST 1997

At 3:30 PM -0400 7/26/97, Dot Parsons wrote:
>Could anyone give me any info. on the culture of Asimina triloba or
>the American Paw Paw tree.
>Dot

I grew some from seeds and have them still in my
yard, but in the shade of an oak tree.  The Asimina
is growing exceedingly slowly if at all after three
years in CT (Zone 6) conditions.  I think it needs
more light, but I haven't worked out where I will
move it.  The soil here is slightly acidic (6-6.5)
and nutrient-poor.  The fact that mine have survived
such conditions says to me that they are tough
customers.  I'll be excited to read someone else's
better results with this nice native plant.

Good Luck!

ross

Ross Koning                 | koning at ecsu.ctstateu.edu
Willimantic, CT 06226 USA   | fax: 860-465-4479