CO2 Enhanced Plant Growth

Eric ec at lglobal.com
Tue Jul 22 14:35:46 EST 1997

I have found several studies showing enhanced plant growth in CO2 rich
conditions.  I am trying to find a database or something which shows
which
plants might exhibit the greatest increase in growth in such an
environment.

Are there any commercial greenhouses using an enhanced CO2
environment?
If so, what do they use for a CO2 source.  I imagine a wood stove in
the
greenhouse would be too much, a composter would be too little, and
commercial CO2 sources quite expensive.

I recall reading about C4 plants (older species from times when the
atmosphere was more rich in CO2) versus more recent C3 species.  What
would be a good source of info on this?

Email me if you have a good reference please.

Bikes, Trees and Physics http://www.lglobal.com/~ec/