Please help identify this tree...

Alfred Falk falk at arc.ab.nospam.ca
Wed Jul 16 14:31:27 EST 1997

In article <5qfo9f$9ja at tor-nn1-hb0.netcom.ca>, "Blair Boyle" <bboyle at netcom.ca> wrote:
>Please...
>
>Can anyone help me to determine what kind of tree this leaf is from???
>
>We've never seen this tree before and found it at Niagara-on-the-Lake near
>Niagara Falls, Ontario CANADA.
>
>Please reply via my email: bboyle at netcom.ca

<image deleted>

ginkgo also gingko
A deciduous, dioecious tree (Ginkgo biloba) native to China and having
fan-shaped leaves and fleshy yellowish seeds with a disagreeable odor.
The male plants are often grown as ornamental street trees. Also called
maidenhair tree.
(from Microsoft Bookshelf/American Heritage Dictionary)

Readily identified by radial veining of leaf.  No other living species
like it.

Alfred Falk                       falk at arc.ab.ca              A L B E R T A
Information Systems Dept          (403) 450-5185            R E S E A R C H
Box 8330, Station F                                           C O U N C I L
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6H 5X2
http://saturn.arc.ab.ca/~falk/                     http://www.arc.ab.ca/

"Some people crave baseball ... I find this unfathomable, but I can
easily understand why a person could get excited about playing the
bassoon."                                          - Frank Zappa