What is this plant??

Char Gorak cgorak at winona.net
Wed Jul 16 10:56:36 EST 1997

I have a very large plant in my back yard - It must be 6-7 feet tall.  It is a
single long shaped flower (shaped like a piece of corn on the cob) and seems to
flower by particles.  The flower is light green with separate particles turning
into small yellow flowers scattered around the large long shaped flower.  The
leaves are very thick and feel smooth and soft like velvet.  It reminds me of
something out of Jack and the Beanstalk.  Does anyone have any idea what this
might be so I could know where to begin to look?

Thanks!
Char Gorak
cgorak at winona.net