Aloe vera plant problem

Lance lancerei at texas.net
Thu Jul 10 12:45:45 EST 1997

Roy Masrani wrote:

> Hi.
>
> We have an aloe plant that has quite a bit of sentimental value to us.
> This plant is sick and we cannot find anyone who knows what's wrong.
>
> The main symptom is that almost all the leaves are getting limp.  Leaves
> at the top are starting to bend (buckle) and those at the bottom are
> practically drooping.  You get the picture.
>
> We have gone through all the over/under watered scenarios, too much/too
> little light etc.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Roy Masrani (rmasrani at radss.com)

Dear Roy,

With Aloe Veras, one must remember that they like direct sunshine, and
when you water, you should allow the water to be almost dry before
watering again.  A not-too-hot area is also ideal for them where the
temperature is neither hot nor cold.  And they may have also outgrown
the pot or the place where they reside.  A change in either may work
wonders!

I have found that rainwater seems to perform miracles for the plants.
When it rains, they get much rainwater and perk up from their sometimes
lethargic condition.

Take care and best of luck with your Aloe Vera!