Serotonin in plants

dennis_goos... at mindlink.net dennis_goos... at mindlink.net
Tue Jul 1 23:23:39 EST 1997

I believe Hypericum(perforatum?) is widely used for treating anxiety and
depression. Recently, there have been stories in Canada that it is the treatment
of choice for depression in Europe, specifically Germany.
I imagine the action would likely be to block serotonin re-uptake rather than
provide serotonin itself.
However, a possible line to follow.

dennis