in vivo footprinting

M. Agarwal magarwal at BLUE.WEEG.UIOWA.EDU
Thu Jan 30 11:22:27 EST 1997

Dear netters,

I am doing "in vivo" footprinting using DMS/piperidine treatment followed
by Ligation-mediated PCR (LMPCR) in Arabidopsis. However, I seem to be
running into a few problems. More specifically, I am getting
G-specific banding patterns specific for the promoter sequence even
without using DMS with my control "in vitro"/naked DNA. If anybody out
there knows about this methodology and can help me out with this, then
please write to me. I would greatly appreciate any input on this. Thank
you very much for your time and effort.

Sincerely,
Marisha Agarwal