Looking for a little help

Mark Van Hooren markvh at execulink.com
Tue Jan 28 21:17:45 EST 1997

I've been looking thru many houseplant books looking for a certain plant.
I use too plant this bulb every spring as a kid, and would watch it grow a
single trunk that was about two feet high and felt just like a snakes skin
and was camouflaged in colour like a snake. So of course my family called
it the SNAKE PLANT. I'm not sure what happened but a few years back the
bulb didn't survie from it's winter storage place and I've been searching
since.
:-(

Any help as to the real name of this plant would be greatly appreciated