What is the differnce between...

K N and P J Harris ecoli at cix.compulink.co.uk
Fri Jan 24 15:38:41 EST 1997

> ==========
> bionet/plants #3319, from oogurun at gems.vcu.edu, 643 chars, 14 Jan 97
19:54:32 -0
> ----------
> Article: 11894 of bionet.plants
> From: oogurun at gems.vcu.edu
> Newsgroups: bionet.plants
> Subject: What is the differnce between...
> Date: 14 Jan 97 19:54:32 -0400
>
> Will somebody please tell me difference between :
>  _bay leaves
>  _basil leaves
>  _mint
>  _peppermint ?
With a tiny little bit of practice you can tell them apart with your
eyes closed ! What other differences do you need ?
Bay leaves - good with beef stew
Basil - terrific with tomatoes
Mint - wouldn't eat lamb without it.
Peppermint - what other people eat before they go home ?

Peter Harris.
(Hint - What isn't different is that they all contain volatile oils).