Fruit or vegetable?

Judy Larson cigam at halcyon.com
Mon Jan 20 22:38:54 EST 1997

Hello,

I'm not sure this is the right news group for my question, but I'll give
it a try.  My family and I have been having a discussion as to what
parameters are used to categorize fruits and vegetables.  Do all fruits
come from blossoms?  What about beans and peas?  Are nuts considered
fruits?  Are legumes vegetables or are they in their own category?

Thank you,
Judy Larson
cigam at halcyon.com