colchicine used to improve vegetable crops

Colette Tremblay coltremb at rsvs.ulaval.ca
Fri Jan 17 14:30:17 EST 1997

> Also, *VERY IMPORTANT* when using colchicine, do NOT eat the vegetables
> of the first generation.  They are harmful.  Instead, gather the seeds
> and grow the second generation, these veggies are perfectly fine for
> consumption.

And please wear gloves AND goggles, this stuff is mutagenic also for
humans, and quite dangerous. I read in another group about a person who got
a tumor in his eye because while he was injecting colchicine into a plant
stem, it squirted with pressure out of the needle into his eye.

--
Colette Tremblay
Quebec QC Canada