Determining gender of holly plants

peter weiner weiner at jetlink.net
Tue Jan 14 12:09:03 EST 1997

Following a termite fumigation, several of my landscaping holly plants
died.  I am interested in replacing them, however I have a special need
for plants that do not bear the berries.  I have been told my several
sources that I have either all male or all female plants currently if I
have no berry bearing plants.  The question is....which do I have?  No
berries tells me that there is no pollination going on and I surely do
not want to bring home plants that will cause all of my existing plans to
suddenly produce berries.  I would appreciate any feedback regarding
this.  Please, no jokes about just lifting up their skirts to check their
sex!?!?#