mycorrhizae tolerance to fertilizer

brateaver at aol.com brateaver at aol.com
Sat Jan 11 04:14:38 EST 1997

Mr. Grunden, I am going over all this to clear space--too much stuff on
the hard disk, so my son says clean it!

What I want to add to this apparently closed discussion is that I most
certainly did NOT call YOU an idiot, or any other bad name. That is
totally unchristian. But I do label with unpleasant terms the highly
unpleasant practices, such as bribery from chemical companies, under the
pseudonym of "grant".

Some of the ideas you have given, such as that microorganisms in soil have
a deleterious effect, IS plain wrong, so wrong that it is just incredible
coming from anyone intelligent enough to be admitted to any university.
Webster says one synonym of silly is idiotic.

It is scary to think that any university can send out anyone thinking soil
organisms DESTROY soil, when anyone who knows anything about soils knows
that soil IS made up of minerals PLUS soil organisms.

I hope you DO NOT do a thesis on mycorrhizae, if your basis  on soil is
that far off from the facts. Scars me to think what you would do to try to
destroy the little good info that has been built up on soil so far--much
too little.

So I hope it is clear that I was not calling YOU any names, but I will
stand by my statements that some of the ideas you have given are really
wild.