Visual Plant Recognition Scanning Programs - Anyone have one?

FRANK HOCZA SDLOOKER at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jan 10 12:51:12 EST 1997

Does anyone have or know of a visual plant recognition program that
works with PCs? One would scan in the plant - leaf, stem etc (or a
good photo) and be given the plant name and general information. One
could furthur refine the search if needed by answering additional
questions - such as size in cm or mm, etc. If there is nothing
available I may begin working on such an item - although I realise the
pattern recognition would have to be quite sophisticated. Frank E
Hocza