St. John's wort

Antique Books mk95528 at navix.net
Sat Jan 4 02:25:45 EST 1997

On 4 Jan 1997 04:39:37 GMT, brateaver at aol.com wrote:

>I guess I must have lost some of your thread, because I don't know what
>you mean by saying it is all historical documentation. There can be no
>historic proof that either Christ or his disciples followed any pagan
>rites. In fact, they were especially warned to not do so.
>
>I am not trying to intrude a religious entity here, but I simply had to
>deny the application of the adjective "Christian" to anything so obviously
>contrary to what Christ said.
>
>I can drop this right here.
>
>B. Rateaver
Start by looking deep into references from the very early christians.
A friend told me about a book for you to start from for documentation.
The Reader's Digest has modern references that is in print for
everyone. He said for you to start with a book called Magic and
Medicine of Plants, see page 290, plus references in other parts of
the book to chase it down further.   Also check the research writngs
from Botanical Gardens, such as the New York Botanical Garden, etc..,
from Ms. Pearl Spears, Administrative assistant for the program for
Collaborative Research in the Pharmaceutical Sciences. Also the
University of Chicago.
For starters, the local bookstore should be able to order this Readers
Digest reference for you.These modern references might be a good place
for you to start. Other than that, I am not going to post anymore
about this because I don't care one way or the other. I simply posted
documented historical data from antique books with references that go
to the beginning of the Christians associating the plant with John The
Babtist. It is simply up to the reader to show otherwise if he/she
cares to spend the time to do the research to provide documented data
to show otherwise. You will find the research is valade and Readers
Digest will help you with this if you want to chase it down for your
own personal reasons. Good Luck.

Sincerely;

Margie
http://www.alice.net/rarebooks