mycorrhizae tolerance to fertilizer

brateaver at aol.com brateaver at aol.com
Thu Jan 2 09:12:10 EST 1997

Another point I meant to make to Mr. Chapman is how hopeless it is to give
money to university people. As I think I have said before, Dr. Menge at
UCR did become the first person I ever heard of on campus to do research
with mycorrhizae. He did some fine work, got some good results, published,
and THEN WHAT??? The dean took the rug out from under him. He even lost
the planting space.

As I think I mentioned, I was not the only one who sent a protest to the
dean but nothing helped. Dr. Menge has had to turn to some other avenue of
research.

It is indeed fine to have a cheeful outlook, but not easy after decades
showing how without integrity most campus people are.

B. Rateaver