Plant Protoplast Plating

Ben Levin benjinsl at astro.ocis.temple.edu
Thu May 30 14:00:40 EST 1996

 I was recently thinking of methods of plant propagation and wondered if
anyone had ever used plant protoplasts.  I would imagine the procedure
would involve vacuum-infiltrating a piece of tissue with a cellulase
soln. and then spinning down the freed protoplasts.  The resuspended
protoplasts could then be plated on the appropriate nutrient media and
grown into plants or kept in broth to increase their numbers for
subsequent plating.

Ben