Queen Ann's Lace as an ornamental?

T Pinkelton tpink at wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us
Sun May 26 01:32:24 EST 1996

In article <plantnut-2505961811090001 at ppp-ftl1-34.shadow.net>,
plantnut at shadow.net (Dewey Fisk) wrote:

> It is a weed and will spread like wildfire.  My advice is to get rid of it
> and use Round-up.
>
> In article <4o54sl$g6q at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, fafardbob at aol.com
> (FafardBob) wrote:
>
> > I am experimenting with Queen Ann's Lace as an ornamental in Central
> > Florida.It is niw in full bloom (end of May).  Looks great? Has anyone
> > else tried this and selected for desireable traits?

It does self seed very happily, but so does chamomile, alyssum, and many
others plants that I encourage in my garden. Anything less tenacious than
Bermuda grass (evil weed), and with nice flowers too, can find a place in
my garden. Queen Ann's Lace will also attract benificial insects like bees
and predatory wasps. But then, I'm the weirdo who actually put three
different types of mint in my garden on purpose, and lets bindweed twine
with my pumpkins because I like the flowers. :)