Queen Ann's Lace as an ornamental? Sure...it has elegance!

Michael L Roginsky d_micro at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 29 16:32:46 EST 1996

In <4o54sl$g6q at newsbf02.news.aol.com> fafardbob at aol.com (FafardBob)
writes:

>I am experimenting with Queen Ann's Lace as an ornamental in Central
>Florida.It is niw in full bloom (end of May).  Looks great? Has anyone
>else tried this and selected for desireable traits?

Queen Ann's lace grows freely and is nice in summer flower
arrengements. Be sure to place it in a long necked vase and add to the
water 25% glycerin by volume. It will keep your cuttings fresh a lot
longer than just water. Glycerin is a sugar alcohol and is available in
any drugstore. Glycerin is extensively used as a base for blue of
methylene, the only medication then available for sore throats in
tropical Brasil circa 1930-1940.