Morels and Calypso Orchids

Mycos williams at netshop.net
Tue May 28 10:04:27 EST 1996

In Arora's guide he refers to finding morels crowing in close
association with Calypso orchids in the southern Cascades. I'm from
British Columbia, ( Kamloops) and find the exact same thing. So much
so that I use them as an indicator with great success. Because of the
great geographic difference it makes me wonder if there's not a
mychorhizal relationship here. It's known that orchids are prone to
this. Anybody have any  simialar experience with morels? From what
locations? Thanks.

                                     Gary Williams