Need Info transgenic peppermint

Joyce Van Eck jv27 at cornell.edu
Thu May 23 07:39:09 EST 1996

In article <31a35e00.0 at News.LocalAccess.com>, "S. Knutson"
<"IPC1"@Localaccess.c om> wrote:

> I am looking for information or journal articles on transgenic work done
> on peppermint or spearmint plants.  Any references would be appreciated.
>

> sk

My thesis research project was on mint regeneration and I initiated
transformation experiments.  The work was continued by another graduate
student.  I have 2 references on mint transformation.

Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of commercial mints, Berry,C., et
al, Scientiae Horticulturae, in press.
      This may have been published since I last heard from my thesis advisor.

Transformation of orange mint, Berry, C. et al, 1990, HortScience 25 (9): 627.
   This is an abstract.

If I can be of any help, feel free to contact me via e-mail.

Good luck,
Joyce Van Eck