Notophagus seeds

K N and P J Harris ecoli at cix.compulink.co.uk
Wed May 22 12:47:14 EST 1996

> ==========
> bionet/plants #1411, from jens at ngb.se, 1073 chars, Wed  15 May 1996
15:24:29 -0
> ----------
> Article: 9932 of bionet.plants
> From: Jens Weibull <jens at ngb.se>
> Newsgroups: bionet.plants
> Subject: Notophagus seeds
> Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 15:24:29 -0700
>
> Does anybody know where I can get hold of Notophagus seeds -
preferably
> of the most hardy spp.? I live at approx. 56°N 13°E.
> Regards,
> Jens
>
> --
> !    Dr Jens Weibull !
> !    Nordic Gene Bank !
> !   Tel +46-40 461790 !
> !   Fax +46-40 462188 !
> !     _           !
> !      \    /\       !
> !       \  /            !
> !        \/.~~~~~~./    !
> !        (°  7 7 7 )   !
> !        /`~/~~~\~\´    !
> !   ____/__/_____\_\___ !
Hi Jens,

Might seem a long way to go (or send) but a firm here in UK does two
species. N.obliqua the Roble Beech (80 feet in 22years here at Windsor)
and N. procera described as vigorous and hardy.

Seeds available from :-
Chiltern Seeds,
Bortree Stile,
Ulverston,
Cumbria LA12 7PB, UK.
This is in the Lake District of Northern England.
Chiltern Seeds have an e-mail address so you could check on availability
and maybe negotiate larger quantities than normally gardeners are
interested in.
I have no commercial connection with this firm but have been buying
"obscure" seed from them for years. They have a very unusual catalogue.
No pictures but 280 pages of absolutely delightful desciptions - you can
just sit and read it for hours.

e-mail <101344.1340 at compuserve.com>

Peter Harris,
Reading, UK.