HELP. BAD AMMONIA SMELL COMING FROM BY POTTED PLANT

R. Daneel Olivaw daneel at rad.net.id
Mon May 20 03:15:41 EST 1996

We have a strong ammonia smell coming from the soil of one of our large
potted palms.  We live in Indondesia and it's an Indonesian palm.  Don't
know the English or Latin name though that may not be relevant.  We
haven't added anything to soil except Urea for Nitrogen.  Could that be
the cause or perhaps there's another reason?

Thanks.

Daneel