Dead Virginia Pine

Michael L Roginsky d_micro at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 17 15:31:26 EST 1996

Ten years ago I bought a living Xmas tree, a Virginia pine. Later I
planted it on a sunny knoll where it grew into a beautiful shaped Xmas
tree. In Jan I pruned the lower branches that were touching the ground
but did not seal the wounds for i expected it would exude its own
resin. When GA weather leaped from winter-summer, it turned brown and
died. There is no evidence of pine borers or any other insect
infestation. Could it be that a pathogen got into the wounds and killed
it? Thanks for your comments.....Mike Roginsky, aka Micro.