transgenic plants

Michael L Roginsky d_micro at ix.netcom.com
Mon May 13 16:15:26 EST 1996

In <Pine.OSF.3.91.960505121536.14917B-100000 at osf1.gmu.edu> Gabriela
Valencia <gvalenci at osf1.gmu.edu> writes:

>	I am interested in learning more about transgenic plants.  Does
>anyone know about any transgenic plants resistant to pesticides?
>	Do you think it would be beneficial environmentally as well as
>economically to bring transgenic plants (such as the FLAVR-SAVR
tomato)
>out into the market?
>			Gabriela

I have tried to get a word to the netcom webmaster about starting a
"transgenic plants" news group. So far I have one other person
interested. If you are, email me. I think it takes several requesters
in order to for a news group. Micro.

As far as transgenic plants go, I think it is a good idea. We all use
too many chemicals to get plants to survive. Hybrids with resistence
are the only solution on the long term.