Ficus Robusta, Rubber Tree

James Yorton jjy at xnet.com
Wed May 8 14:17:09 EST 1996

In bionet.plants Steve <sace at qni.com> writes:
: Can anyone give me some info on general care of this plant.  The leaves
: are turning brown on the ends and falling off.  I water it until the
: soil is moist and then wait for drying and water again.  Is this
: correct, and should it be exposed to a lot of sun or limited sun? Any
: helpful hints would be appreciated.
:

They are sensitive to overwatering.  Don't put them in direct sun.
The only time my rubber plants have dropped leaves is when they were
overwatered.

It's generally better to error on the side of slightly dry soil than
moist for these plants.  Decrease watering.  I water mine no more than
once every two weeks.

Jim Yorton                              jjy at xnet.com
Zone 5, Palatine, IL USA     http://www.xnet.com/~jjy/