Citrosa??

Gregory J. Long, Ph.D. glong at olivet.edu
Tue May 7 09:29:49 EST 1996

Hello,

My mother and father-in-law have just bought a flat of plants called
Citrosa.  The garden center employee told them that this plant will repel
mosquitos.  When you touch the leaves it does seem to leave a citronella
odor on your hand.  Does anybody know anything else about these plants?
The gardener thinks they are in the geranium family, but I can't find
anything about them in my usual sources of horticulture information.  The
claim is that one plant will protect a 100 square foot area against
mosquitos.  Any info appreciated.  If this is "old news" direct email to
me will be fine, if this is new stuff please post here for the group.
Thanks.

Greg Long
glong at olivet.edu