Plants that grow without light ???

Edward Cowling edward at kts.co.uk
Mon May 6 10:01:01 EST 1996

In article <4mkmnh$bh8 at dub-news-svc-3.compuserve.com>, Mark Graham
<100662.1272 at compuserve.com> writes
>Hi to All,
>       can anyone tell me if there are any plants that will grow
> without any light at all ? and does anyone know of any plants suitable
>as house plants to grow in an area that has hardly any light 90 % of the
>time ?...drop me an E-mail.......MARK

Hmm intesresting idea, but as nearly all plants are green, and that
means chlorophyl, they need light to make sugars to grow.

Fungi perhaps ? But those aren't really plants.

Ever thought of hanging a Grolux bulb over it ? You know the lamps you
put in tropical fish tanks to keep the plants alive.

---