propagating citrus

Gregory J. Long, Ph.D. glong at olivet.edu
Fri May 3 11:58:24 EST 1996

Hello,

I don't knoiw about cuttings, but citrus are very easy to propagate from
seeds.  The seeds can simply be cleaned and planted fresh (no drying
period required).  I have several citrus trees I haves started this way,
including orange and grapefruit tress ( I have a couple of three year old
grapefruit trees that are about 4 feet tall.  Give the plants plenty of
moisture and sunlight, they don't like to dry out a lot.  And keep them
fairly warm.  Here in Illinois I keep mine in large planters and move
them outside in the warm season and bring them in for the cold.

Greg Long
glong at olivet.edu